Importing a TVR to France from the UK

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Nat M

Importing a TVR to France from the UK

Message par Nat M »

Hi,

I am looking at buying a Chimaera 450 (2000) in the UK and bringing to France. Has anyone successfully managed to register the same model in France and do you have any decent insurance suggestions in France? We are also residents in France so guess would be difficult to use a UK insurer for EU wide cover....

Thanks,
NM
britmk4

Re: Importing a TVR to France from the UK

Message par britmk4 »

hi,
Some models seemed more easy to register than other, some 400 after 97 have a E11 plate in the engine bay, also some 500 I think but not sure for a 450??
It is better before buying to contact your local Dreal or Drire to know exactly which model could be registered.
For an Insurance you could try http://www.assurancesclavel.com/ or http://cabinet-tolede.com/
Chris
Nat M

Message par Nat M »

Thanks, that's great. Don't suppose you know of any good garages for repairs etc. Seen a few options in the south but have not found one yet close to Paris.

Cheers,

N
Dernière modification par Nat M le 26 sept. 2011 21:42, modifié 1 fois.
NM
Vincent_94
Voiture(s) : Griffith 500 1995, Alfa 2600 sprint 1965, RX8 2004

Message par Vincent_94 »

Good evening,

I have been told that M. Ferriera from JP Autopassion in Clamart knows TVRs well since he worked with Jacques Savoye when he was the french TVR dealer. I own my Griffith 500 since only 2 months and had no problems or need to go in this garage yet.

I guess other members of this forum might give you their opinion on this garage if you are interested.

My car is still not yet registered in France but hope to go through the RTI (reception à titre isolé) procedure during this winter...
I hope this will be enough time...
I bought a car that was produced in 1995 at a time when some griff were imported and received a type DGC5P in France.
Mine as this code included in its VIN and I hope this will allow the Dreal to associate mine to this type without going through the technical tests....I got (not for free) a CoC from TVR in England that proves that the car was conform to the UK rules and give most details that you could find on an European CoC. It's to early for me to say whether this will work.
you also need to go to your local tax office in order to get a "quitus fiscal" proving that every thing is fine for the VAT. When a car was bought new within EU, they consider that the VAT has been paid. You will get the paper for free but you have to go soon after the car has been imported and you will need documents proving that you bought the car and that you leave in France.
I hope this will help.

Cheers

Vincent
Nat M

Message par Nat M »

Thanks
NM
Nat M

Message par Nat M »

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks again and that today I got the carte grise for my Chim just over one month after bringing the car in- It is still possible (on some models at least)...
gibus3579
Site Admin
Voiture(s) : Civic EG9

Message par gibus3579 »

where are you live in France?
Nat M

Message par Nat M »

Paris
enzo94
Voiture(s) : TVR S2 1990 Rouge

Message par enzo94 »

Hello sorry

First of all sorry for my english

Congratulations for your success with the registration of your Chimaera in France.

You will find some useful links for the Chimaera in the following topic : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2262

We are making a count of the TVR that are present in France. If you want you can participate by recording your TVR in the following link : http://www.tvrcarclub-france.net/index. ... &Itemid=33

Finally you can present your Chimaera in the forum by doing a topic of presentation in the following section of the forum : viewforum.php?f=2
enzo
Voiture(s) : Chimaera 450 99 - Mini Contryman MK1 1961

Message par enzo »

Absoutely no problem to matriculate a 450 in france unless it has the E11 number. Mine is dated from 99 and I did not had any problem with importation. No problem for maintenance as well.

Good luck

cheers
Répondre